Importantly, I haven't let the fact that I'm sitting in a unit without a fireplace in the middle of summery Brisbane stand in the way of my desire for a white and wintery Christmas.
Once again, Netflix is delivering where Mother Nature, geography and wealth has not.
Imagine my delight while scrolling through Netflix's Holiday Favourites to discover Fireplace For Your Home.
Yep. That's 60 minutes of flames. Well, actually 3 x 60 minutes of flames as you have three options (complete with their provided descriptions).
- Crackling Yule Log Fireplace
- This edition includes a crackling yule log set to holiday favourites such as Joy to the World and We Wish You a Merry Christmas
- Crackling Fireplace
- This instalment includes an old-fashioned wood-burning fireplace. enjoy the bright and cheery flames and the real crackling of the fire!
- Crackling Fireplace with Music
- This program offers the next best thing to a cheery, crackling fire, enhance with a tasteful accompaniment of music to set the right ambience
I like the fact that there are captions - just in case there's any confusion about what's going on.
I also like the fact that there are options without Christmas music. After all, pyromaniacs need something to watch during the year don't they?
Sure, it was pretty exciting when that other piece of wood caught fire about 13 minutes in, but for my money I pick the Fireplace For Your Home's stable mate: Winter Wonderland for your Home - snow scenery for your television.
No prizes for guessing what this one's about, but as the description reads:
Setting a wintery mood has never been so easy. Snowy background scenes appear every few minutes and are accompanied by holiday music.
|Wait for it... a scene change!|
It's full of "surprises" and "action" as it shifts from a range of snowy scenes.
|Oh, the river|
|And then the mountains|
|And the lake|
Why all this snow at home is enough to make me want to cancel my upcoming ski trip. Why leave my living room when it's all right here? I must be mad!
Finally, should you be feeling a little bit "bah humbug" about the whole season, then there's some other non-Christmas options for you:
- Aquarium - Goldfish
- Cascade Mountain Stream
- Aquarium - Saltwater Reef
Netflix. It just keeps giving.